Tooth decay is one of the most common dental issues. It causes severe discomfort and affects the overall look of your smile. Although minor cavities can be treated with dental restorations, grossly carious teeth require other treatment options to prevent further damage. Saifee Family Dentistry offers durable, custom-fit dental crowns in Spring, TX, that effectively form a supportive and protective barrier for your teeth, thus prolonging their life. Dental crowns resemble the anatomy and shade of your natural teeth. They help to restore normal oral functions while maintaining a cosmetically-appealing smile. Schedule an appointment with us by calling (281) 350-5600 to see if dental crowns are the right choice for you.
Who Should Get Dental Crowns?
Dental crowns are made from durable materials that encase your teeth to protect against damage. They are a popular treatment option in restorative and cosmetic dentistry due to their numerous benefits. Our skillful dentists offer dental crowns in Spring, TX, for the following common reasons:
- Severe tooth decay
- Extensive tooth damage
- Broken, cracked, or chipped teeth
- Teeth with huge dental restorations
- Worn-out or severely eroded teeth
- Tooth discoloration
- Oddly-shaped teeth
- Slight misalignment
- Root-canal treated teeth
- Single dental implants
What Are The Different Types of Dental Crowns in Spring, TX?
Dental crowns are available in three varieties. After performing an oral examination, our dentists will decide which type will be the best to meet your needs.
- Metal Crowns: consist of metal alloys such as gold or other metals. These dental crowns are highly durable, but the only drawback is that they are not aesthetically pleasing. For this reason, we only prefer them to restore posterior teeth.
- Porcelain Crowns: resemble the exact shade of your teeth. They are less durable than metal crowns but offer superior aesthetics. They are usually preferred for anterior teeth.
- Porcelain-Fused-To-Metal Crowns: combine the benefits of metal and porcelain. They have a thin metal layer underneath porcelain for additional strength and resistance against breakage.
What to Expect When Getting a Dental Crown?
Generally, the process of dental crowns in Spring, TX, needs two appointments. During your initial visit, we will prepare your tooth for crown placement. This step takes place under local anesthesia. We will remove a thin layer of your tooth enamel, equivalent to the thickness of the dental crown. Next, our dentist will record digital impressions of your teeth and send these measurements to a dental lab. Dental technicians will design crowns that match the structure and aesthetics of your natural teeth.
After a few days, we will call you for a second visit to fit the restoration over your teeth permanently. We will ensure that it’s a snug fit and does not affect the alignment of your teeth. Once the process is complete, we will polish the crown surface for a smooth, glossy finish.